Our new Knee course will be starting as a live learn topic in Physiopedia Plus on Monday 7th November 2016.
We encourage all our Physiopedia Plus members who are interested in sports physiotherapy to join this 4 week course with everyone else next week to benefit from the lively conversation in the discussion forums. If you’re unable to participate at this time, not to worry, the course will always be available in PP+ for you to do in your own time at a time that suits you.
- Week one: Knee structure and function
- Week two: Assessment and differential diagnosis of knee complaints
- Week three: Exploring knee conditions
- Week four: Knee rehabilitation
- [Optional] Assignment
By the end of this learn topic you should be able to:
- Describe how particular knee structures contribute to unique function of the knee.
- Select appropriate assessment techniques and outcomes measures for individuals with knee injuries.
- Describe how certain knee conditions may present in adults and in children.
- Choose appropriate rehabilitation approaches for an individuals with knee injuries.
About our courses in PP+
This course in Physiopedia Plus is run in 4 sections, each section will make up one week of the 4 week course. We expect the required elements of each week to take around 4-6 hours depending on your learning style and if you wish there will be opportunities to learn more by spending time looking through the additional resources that we provide.
The course directs you through a series of learning activities such as reading resources, watching videos, attempting quizzes and participating in discussions. There are certain required elements of the course that are required for a completion certificate, you must complete all these activities. The optional additional resources that you can use to consolidate and expand your learning, you can refer back to these at any time in the future.
It’s not going to be easy, we’ll expect you to work hard for your certificate and PP+ points! You won’t be sitting back and watching webinars, we’ll expect you to read, do quizzes, perform literature searches and other learning activities. You’ll need to reflect on your own experiences and contribute them to the discussion forum, this is where we can learn from each other’s experiences and knowledge from all around the world!
At the end of the course, when you have completed all of the required elements, you will be able to download a certificate of completion. There is also an option to complete an extra piece of coursework for which you can achieve a course distinction.