Physiopedia Plus has a huge library of resources available to our members. From landmark articles, era defining guidelines and latest book chapters, you’ll find it hard to find more content available in one place anywhere else.
There are now over 50 cerebral palsy resources available in our e-library and resource centre. This includes; 23 book chapters, 11 guidelines, 22 articles as well as including patient guides and videos. All of the resources are available to use at each members convenience.
Chapter highlights include:
- Positioning Your Child in: Getting to know Cerebral Palsy: A Learning Resource for Facilitators, Parents, Caregivers and Persons with Cerebral Palsy.
- A chapter in the seminal Handbook of Clinical Neurology, Vol. 110 (3rd series) Neurological Rehabilitation, 2013 by Ruth Kent entitled Cerebral Palsy.
- Early Diagnosis and Prognosis in Cerebral Palsy, Shepherd RB. Cerebral palsy in infancy. Elsevier Health Sciences; 2013 Sep 20.
Latest journal articles including:
- Bayon C, Raya R, Lara SL, Ramirez O, Serrano I, Rocon E. Robotic Therapies for Children with Cerebral Palsy: A Systematic Review. Translational Biomedicine. 2016.
- Morgan C, Darrah J, Gordon AM, Harbourne R, Spittle A, Johnson R, Fetters L. Effectiveness of motor interventions in infants with cerebral palsy: a systematic review. Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology. 2016 Mar 1.
- Herskind A, Greisen G, Nielsen JB. Early Identification and Intervention in Cerebral Palsy. Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology. 2015 Jan 1;57(1):29-36.
Apply this new found knowledge in the form of adhering to guidelines such as:
- 24 hour Positioning (including Seating and Wheeled Mobility). Practice Guide for Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapists who Support People with Disability.
- The Functional Mobility Scale, Developed by the Hugh Williamson Gait Laboratory, The Royal Children’s Hospital, Melbourne, Australia, 2004.
All of these resources were recently used in the very successful Cerebral Palsy MOOC which members can revisit and complete at any time.